Have you noticed that YouTube is the video broadcasting Social Network that is most used worldwide? This fact positions it as a fundamental platform for transmitting your proposals and presenting content to your audience. So today I will show you how you can take full advantage of YouTube Marketing. Take notes!
Why you should turn to YouTube Marketing to benefit your business?
First off, we should highlight what the importance of YouTube is in terms of Social Networks and Marketing. The site was founded in 2005 by three ex employees of the company PayPal, and the next year it was acquired by Google Inc. Since then, its growth in terms of traffic and user registration has been non-stop.
Below I give you the official statistics of the website for 2016:
As you can see, the presence of this Social Network is worldwide and is constantly expanding. As the data highlighted, 80% of people that access the site are located outside of the United States, being that YouTube Marketing is a technique used worldwide. Its popularity is also indisputable even on mobile devices:
One of the data presented above, taken from a report from the website expandedramblings.com, points out that people are disposed to spending an average of 5 hours monthly watching YouTube videos via their cell phones. This forms a great opportunity, whether you generate your own content or if you choose to advertise on the site.
YouTube Marketing: advantages of advertising on the website and principal technical aspects
One of the cornerstones of YouTube Marketing is the ability of creating promotional videos to give your audience. In this sense, this technique entails a series of advantages:
- It allows you to attract your clients with the proven power of an effective script and individual audiovisual techniques of film and television.
- YouTube advertisements only pay when the viewer watches more than 30 seconds of your advertisement or when they interact with some Call to Action or complimentary Banner.
- They help you spread your proposals in front of your audience in an original and entertaining way.
- They allow you to directly reach your targeted audience through targeting techniques (for example through keywords, themes or demographic criteria such as “men under 30 years.”
- They enable you to measure the effectiveness of your campaigns through YouTube Analytics.
As explained in the YouTube Announcements Policies, you can create promotional videos so that users see them before the content they have chosen starts to play. In this regard, people may decide to skip the announcement after 5 seconds of play, so it is fundamental to really capture the audience in this time span.
The YouTube team mentions as a “model” reference of legnth “to create promotional videos 30 seconds long. Moreover, from YouTube Marketing’s point of view, they suggest to advertisers to publish videos that are at least 12 seconds long.
This recommendation has to do with the process of analyzing the statistics of your campaigns on YouTube. Have in mind, YouTube Analytics omits data of those videos that have been seen for a period shorter than 10 seconds.
Therefore, if you plan to advertise on YouTube I advise creating videos that last 15 seconds at minimum to be able to interpret the metrics correctly, since a duration of 12 seconds could result in something somewhat confusing when interpreting the reactions of the audience.
As for analyzing the effectiveness of your campaigns, these are some facts to consider regarding YouTube Analytics:
- The number of views of your promotional videos will increase when people have decided not to skip your announcement and see at least 30 seconds without interruption.
- Also your views will increase when users interact with your video advertisement.
- The interactions that YouTube takes into account for increasing views are: every time that people click on the link to your website, press some of your calls to action on screen or they click any of the complimentary banners.
Finally, in order to create your YouTube Marketing announcements, know the available types and inform yourself on the requirements for each one of them, you can check this link.
Create a channel and publish videos, another effective technique of YouTube Marketing
Besides the advantages of falling back on the advertising that we saw above there is another highly effective technique that entails its own benefits. It is the possibility to create your own YouTube Channel and generate content especially thought of to provide added value to your audience.
Effectively having a YouTube Channel is ideal for sharing dynamic, entertaining and informative content with your audience that relates to your business, products and / or services.
Below I give you the main benefits of using the technique of YouTube Marketing:
Now let’s see what I mean by each of them:
- It allows you to offer an added value to your audience: the best way of reaching your public is to give them a reason to follow your channel. In this point it’s about providing them more than just promotional videos, which means, offering content that helps them stay informed, to entertain them or improve their life in some way.
- It enables you to get subscribers: as you know, when a user of YouTube is very interested in your content they have the possibility to subscribe to your channel to get the latest news when logging into the website. This allows you to generate a database of people interested in your proposals.
- Increases the credibility of your brand: when users want to know more about a business that interests them, they don’t hesitate to investigate it on the Internet and Social Networks … And YouTube is no exception. Therefore, having a channel allows you to support and expand the information provided on your website and social accounts.
- It helps you complete the information about your business: the idea is that you take advantage of your channel and videos that you share in order to provide information about your business, such as tutorials on how to use your products or services, links to your website and a detailed description about your business proposal.
- It is an effective way to generate content to share on Social Networks: as you know, videos are among the most shared content on social accounts, reason for why creating them is very favorable to boost your Social Network strategy and shine the light on your proposals.
- It allows you to get feedback from your audience through the comments: when users are moved by or mobilize some video they see on YouTube, they do not hesitate to leave their opinion in the comment box plain and simple. For this reason, it is a prime source for getting feedbacks from your audience.
- It enables you to know the impact of your content through YouTube Analytics: Lastly, you can measure the impact of your videos through the website’s analytical service. This instance is essential for guiding your content strategy, for example knowing which of your videos are the most successful.
Tips for getting the most out of your YouTube Marketing Channel
Finally, I would like to share with you some advice to maximize the impact of your channel on your audience:
Complete the information on your YouTube Channel with images, links and data
As we mentioned above, the objective is that users find all the information they need on your YouTube Channel (especially in the “About” section). Furthermore, to increase your credibility it is important to take care of the presentation of your profile and cover, placing images in the indicated sizes in the screenshot above.
Also, you must remember to add links to your website and Social Networks, to enhance the spreading of your proposals on all platforms. Finally, remember to optimize your Google+ profile, since the icon of your YouTube Channel comes from there. You can help yourself at this point by taking a look at this article from our blog.
Schedule or share your videos from your YouTube Channel to your Social Networks with Postcron for Chrome
To help you with the spreading of your videos through various social platforms, I advise you to take advantage of Postcron for Chrome. It is our extension for browsers, whose main advantage is that it allows you to program or share videos on your Social Networks directly from your YouTube Channel.
As you can see in the animated GIF above, once you’ve installed Postcron for Chrome on your browser you can directly schedule or share any video from you channel onto your Social Networks. To do this you simply click on the extension icon, top right of the page, and choose your publishing schedule.
This way you can always keep your social accounts up to date and save dedicated time spent on sharing content. I suggest taking a look at our article How to use the Postcron Extension for Chrome (Tutorial!) to get the maximum performance out of our tool.
I hope this article has helped you understand the importance of YouTube Marketing and how you can use it to benefit your business. So tell us!
Did you find this information useful? Already have a YouTube channel? Tell us your experience! And please remember to share this blog post with your contacts. See you soon!